Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 24, 2013 “I myself will gather my people”: “Christ is before all things and in him all things hold together”

This is our last Sunday in the series of Hearing from the Prophets.  And on this last Sunday the warning is directed at the "shepherds of God's people."

Often as pastors, we think ministry hinges on our leadership, our competency - and because we do believe this, this warning is appropriate for us.

Actually, the One who leads is the Lord for God is the One who gathers God's people.  And we are gathered together as the body of Christ - being held together by Christ.

Christ being before us and being held together by him is how we are called to live in this world - to be led by the Spirit, rather than being led by we who are pastors who think more highly of ourselves than we ought.

Link to message:  "I myself will gather my people"

No comments:

Post a Comment